IT Project Manager Implementing SOA Solutions for the Next Generation of Pay-for-Performance Healthcare Systems
General Dynamics Information Technology (January 2011 – Present)
A leading provider of healthcare IT and informatics, supporting Medicare-related IT systems and professional services at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as private-sector healthcare organizations across the country.
- Project management and system design of the next generation of web applications implementing health care quality initiatives for The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Office of Clinical Standards and Quality (OCSQ).
- Developing the next generation of health IT systems to support the receipt of electronic health records (EHR) in accordance with the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and Hospital Value Based Purchasing (HVBP).
- Designing and developing systems to support Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR), Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR), and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS).
- Developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems for the quality reporting of Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities (IPF), Acute Surgical Centers (ASC) and PPS-Exempt Cancer hospitals.
- Duties include: system design, system architecture, project scheduling and management, creating and managing SDLC documents in accordance with the CMS Integrated IT Investment & System Life Cycle Framework (ILC), requirements management, and presenting system designs to CMS Technical Review Board (TRB).
Analyst – Telecom Cost and Data
TEOCO Corporation (September 2003 to December 2010)
A global software and professional services firm serving leading telecommunication companies such as British Telecom, Orange International, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and AT&T.
- Reviewed operational objectives, analyzed current workflow, elicited and analyzed requirements, tested software in accordance with use cases and implemented process improvements for the receipt of billing and invoice feeds.
- Created and maintained databases of contract information and billing rate information to ensure billing integrity and adherence to contracted obligations.
- Developed internal workflow solutions for the receipt of third-party physical media.
- Reconfigured incoming vendor data feeds to fit standardized and custom data models.
- Project management and process documentation for the receipt, loading and analysis of vendor billing data.
- Preparation of specialized BI reports and variance analysis of data trends in support of company-provided solutions and services.
- Analyzed process exceptions in accordance with functional requirements and solution scope.
- Developed use cases for the auditing of international telecom invoices.
- Initiated process and product improvements throughout the SDLC of internal and external solutions.
- Loading of reference data and testing of software upgrades against release notes.
- Assembled and analyzed sample data as part of a pilot project for the optimization of national mobile telecommunication networks.
- Reviewed products and services rendered to ensure compliance with contracted terms and conditions and identified areas of non-compliance.
- Investigated financial data irregularities and developed meaningful financial reporting for senior-level management.
- Analyzed multi-million dollar international telecommunication invoices against contract data and regulated tariff data to ensure billing was properly calculated.
- Disputed billing claims with vendors and negotiated financial settlements for those disputes.
- Provided cost analysis in accordance with statement of work (SOW).
- Facilitated on-site data collection and analysis at telecom switch locations throughout the U.S. to identify cost savings and network optimization opportunities in regards to redundant telecommunication facilities, inactive cell towers and inoperative circuits.
- Prepared and delivered training to Fortune 100 clients in the basics of telecommunication cost and contract management.
Manager of Network Cost Audit and Analysis
Xspedius Communications (July 2000 to May 2003)
$300 million national Integrated Communications Provider offering Internet, data, long distance, and local phone services to mid-sized businesses. (Formerly known as e.spire Communications, now a part of Time Warner Inc.)
- Led a staff of eight financial analysts responsible for the audit, analysis and accounting of costs related to the delivery of telecommunication services.
- Provided leadership, guidance and direction on administrative and technical issues related to network cost analysis.
- Audited services and products at a circuit level comparing invoices rendered to services contracted.
- Developed a pricing model to compare the costs and benefits of the proposed methods of delivering retail long distance service to eventual end users.
- In first year as manager, costs as a percentage of revenue were reduced by 30%. Annual telecommunications costs were $84 million.
- Developed financial models for proposed and current product lines.
- Supervised variance analysis on a product-by-product basis, as well as quarterly review of corporate operations and worked closely with management team to determine correct course of action for excessive variances.
- Directly supported the long term financial planning and budgeting function by associating costs and accrual forecasts to proposed and actual transactions.
- Financial modeling of projected business operations as they related to revenue, expenses,
- Drafted, reviewed, approved and audited contracts for telecommunication services.
- Managed long-term and short-term debt obligations in conjunction with finance department.
- Trained billing personnel to research circuit inventory and customer based costs in order to recover missing revenue.
- Managed pre-petition and post-petition accounts payable of ongoing operations for a company under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Lobbied members of congress and legislative aides for the passage of industry favorable legislation.
Senior Consultant – Client Services
INK/inc. Advertising and Marketing (July 1999 to June 2000)
Advertising and marketing company specializing in media and event planning for regional and national clients.
- Coordinated agency and external resources in the delivery of media and advertising services, promotional campaigns and product launches.
- Organized the requirements planning and scheduling of multiple projects and project types.
- Defined organizational roles for clients and vendors in completion of project objectives.
- In response to requests for proposals (RFP), performed ROI analysis for senior management at client companies. Developed web-based business plans for proposed client enterprises.
- Consulted on the delivery, navigation, and best practices of web based media and content.
Technical & Software Skills
Experience using the following software packages and methodologies:
MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, SAP Business Objects, SQL, UML
Bachelor of Science in Business
University of Maryland – University College